Wind-up is proud to be celebrating its 15th Anniversary this month! To coincide with the Holiday season, we have put together some limited-time mega-specials for Black Friday and Cyber Monday for Wind-up fans. Starting today and going through Cyber Monday, iTunes is featuring Wind-Up in its “Rock Albums Spotlight “! You can get a ton of your favorite albums from Seether, Evanescence, Creed, Five For Fighting, The Darkness, O.A.R., Civil Twilight and so many more now for just$7.99 on iTunes!
Head to iTunes here - http://awe.sm/cALAS
For all you sports fans out there, Wind-up is now the Official Record Label of MSG College Hoops! If you find yourself at Madison Square Garden or just watching a b-ball game on TV, be sure to tag #collegehoops and @WindUpRecords on Twitter!
Find out more at our College Hoops Facebook page HERE!
Today, UK's Young Guns have announced their second string of US tour dates, following the great success of their first US run with Seether earlier this Fall for their album release of "Bones"! Check out their Facebook tab HERE for more details on the shows!
It's time to dance! Amazon MP3 is offering Civil Twilight and Seether remixes for just $0.69 in their "Electronic Dance Music" feature this month! Grab Civil Twilight's "River" and "Fire Escape" remixes, and Seether's "Tonight" and "Country Song" remixes for just $0.69 using the links below!
And that's not all... Creed's 'Greatest Hits' Album is only $4.99 in the Amazon MP3 store too! Thanks go out to Amazon for these insane offers.
Check out the premiere here: http://awe.sm/b9Rqo
Stream the new Remix EP HERE and share the album with friends!
Want to know more about Evanescence's leading lady Amy Lee? Amy sat down to answer some of your questions and tell you more about her music. Read on to see what she has to say...
1. Who do you consider to be your greatest musical influences? Michael Jackson, Bjork, Nine Inch Nails, Mozart, Beethoven, Danny Elfman, Smashing Pumpkins, Depeche Mode, Janis Joplin, Alanis Morrisette, Radiohead, Garbage, Soundgarden, Massive Attack, Nirvana, Neil Young, Portishead, Tori Amos. I could keep going but I'll stop
2. Why did you pick piano and how did you get started playing? I saw the movie Amadeus when I was 8 or 9 years old and was completely enthralled. I knew I wanted desperately to make music, for a living, for life, for sure. I begged for piano lessons and took pride in being able to play more and more advanced pieces. It's funny, at first I was kind of frustrated and hard on myself because it wasn't sounding like it did in the movie- I wasn't a crazy genius who could just pick a whole song out by ear after hearing it only once and I don't have perfect pitch like Mozart- WTF! It actually takes WORK?? Haha. So I worked. It was worth it.
3. What's your latest art or fashion project? I guess my latest art project is my new stage outfit that I designed for this tour. It's a skirt made of flags, representing all of the countries we've been so honored to play in the last year on tour. I was flying home from Europe a few months ago and thinking about how every night on stage in other countries, it's so emotional when we bring out the country's flag. It means so much to them and to us, that we've made it so far. So I thought, what if I could have ALL of the countries represented at once, and show them how much we appreciate and love them all on this last part of the tour? It's my way of showing my gratitude.
4. What are your must haves from home when you are out on the road? Vicks Vapo-Rub, GLITTER, one perfect pair of all-purpose boots, throat coat tea bags, my lucky Michael Jackson T-shirt, and Beth Wilson!
5. What song do you wish you had written? Without You' by Pete Ham and Tom Evans. Not only is it one of my favorite songs (especially the Mariah Carey version!), it's been covered by 180 artists and has touched an infinite number of people. Such soul.
Want more music from Seether? If you've already bought Seether's "Here and Now" or "Country Song" on iTunes, you can now put those purchases towards the price of their FULL album, 'Holding Onto Strings Better Left To Fray'!
Head on over to iTunes to Complete Your Purchase now!
Wind-up's Civil Twilight is busy on tour with MUTEMATH, but that hasn't stopped them from releasing a brand new remix EP, 'Holy Weather: Remix EP'! This 6-track EP contains remixes by Ra Ra Riot, School of Seven Bells, and Audien, as well as Iarus Johannesson, Eion Willoughby and mSelv, who won the Civil Twilight Indaba Remix Contest!
Paste Magazine also premiered an awesome visualizer video for the Ra Ra Riot remix of "River" this week, and believe us, it's pretty trippy!
Wind-up Records is proud to announce the release of Aranda's label debut album 'Stop The World', out today, 10/16! The iTunes version features a special acoustic rendition of "Satisfied", as well as the free digital booklet! The album is only $9.99, so get it while it's hot!
We're really happy to be working with the awesome guys in Aranda and we're excited to see what the future brings!
CMJ Music Marathon is upon us and here at Wind-up Records, we are pleased to announce that two of our new signings will be performing at the festival!
First up, singer/songwriter Jillette Johnson has been officially selected to play PledgeMusic's FREE Official CMJ Showcase! The showcase will be held at ZirZamin (90 West Houston St) on Friday, 10/19 and Jillette will take the stage at 8:45pm.
Jillette will be sharing the stage with CALLmeKAT, Mieka Pauley, Will Dailey, and Sydney Wayser. The show will be FREE and open to the public.
RSVP to see Jillette Johnson at CMJ
Traveling across the big blue from the UK, The Virginmarys will also be performing at CMJ. The band will be playing the Heard Entertainment CMJ Showcase on Friday, October 19th in Williamsburg, Brooklyn at The Paper Box (17 Meadow St). This showcase will be free with a CMJ badge. For non badge-holders, you can purchase tickets for $10 HERE.
This will be the first introduction of The Virginmarys to many USA fans, as they come promoting their new EP, "Dead Man's Shoes". The band will be performing alongside an onslaught of other buzzing up-and-coming bands including The Death Set, Shinobi Ninja, Oxymorrons, The Blackfires, The Skins, Spirit Animal, and more!